Yields: 1 8-inch cake
- 2 cups unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Light pinch of Fine-Grain Sea Salt
- 1 cup unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- Zest of one Lemon
- 2/3 cup Pine Nuts, toasted and loosely chopped
- 1 ¼ teaspoons fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
- Combine flour and salt in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a separate large bowl or stand mixer, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Add the sugar and lemon zest and mix again, then add the flour mixture, nuts, and rosemary and mix until the dough goes just past the crumbly stage and begins to clump together (you don't want to over mix, but under mixing will make the dough seem a bit dry, which can make it difficult to handle).
Yield: Six servings
Yield: 10 Cakes
Yield: 15 servings
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 cups Chocolate Chips
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon Cherry Heart Extract
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Dried Cherries
- Melt 1 cups chocolate chips over double boiler - LOW heat. Take off heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix butter, sugar, brown sugar, and eggs, until smooth.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix melted chocolate into butter, sugar, egg mixture.
- Add vanilla and cherry extracts.
- Mix in 1 cup chocolate chips and 2 cups dried cherries.
- Bake at 350 for 9 minutes.