- 6 Roma Tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 Jalapeño (cut in half length wise and deseeded)
- 2 cups small diced Yellow Onion
- 1 tablespoon minced Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced Cilantro
- 6 Eggs
- ¼ shredded Cheese
- 2 tablespoons of store-bought or pre-made Guacamole
- 2 tablespoons Sour Cream
- 2 Tostada Shells
- Pre-heat the oven to 500°F. Toss the tomatoes and jalapeño in a bowl with one tablespoon vegetable oil and one teaspoon salt. Scatter the tomatoes and jalapeños on a roasting rack with a pan set underneath and cook for 15 minutes or until they achieve a nice roasted color.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, heat a medium-sized sauce pan with one tablespoon vegetable oil and sauté onions and garlic until tender, about ten minutes.
- Once the tomatoes are roasted, add them to the onion mixture with stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once the tomato sauce has come to a boil, use a hand immersion blender and purée mixture until it looks like a chunky salsa. Add chopped cilantro, one teaspoon salt, sugar and cook for one more minute.
- To assemble dish add one cup of tomato sauce to a small 6 inch or smaller egg pan and bring to a boil. Crack open three eggs and add to tomato mixture. Season with salt and pepper, cover with a lid and simmer for 3 ½ minutes. With one minute left in cooking time add grated cheese and finish cooking for the last minute.
To plate this dish add eggs on toasted tostada shell and garnish with sour cream, guacamole and a cilantro sprig.