Yield: 16 pieces
- 1 pound bulk Chicken Sausage
- 1/4 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 10 ounces clean fresh Spinach
- 1/4 pound Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Parsley, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 10 sheets frozen Phyllo Dough (17 x 13″ rectangles), thawed
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- In a large skillet cook sausage and onion over medium-high heat till sausage is done and onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Drain and stir in spinach, feta cheese, parsley, pepper and egg. Set aside.
- Unfold the Phyllo dough. Spread 1 sheet flat; top with another sheet of Phyllo (keep remaining pieces of Phyllo under a damp cloth to prevent from drying out until you are ready to use). Gently brush with some of the melted butter. Repeat this step with remaining sheets of Phyllo, brushing each with butter. Reserve 1 tablespoon butter to brush once rolled.
- Spread sausage mixture lengthwise over bottom third of layered Phyllo dough to within 2 inches of ends. Fold ends over. Carefully roll up the Phyllo and cut into 16 even pieces using a serrated knife.
- Place each piece, seam side down, on an ungreased baking sheet; brush pieces with the 1 tablespoon butter. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or till golden.