Apple & Cognac Braised Pork Roast
- 2 teaspoon fresh Thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh Sage
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 boneless rolled Pork Loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon Corn Oil
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Ginger, minced
- 1 large Granny Smith Apple, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup thawed unsweetened Apple Juice Concentrate
- ½ cup JC Apple Cognac
- ½ cup Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Combine 1 teaspoon thyme, sage and pepper and rub over pork. In a Dutch oven, brown meat on all sides in oil; remove and keep warm. In the same pan, sauté onion garlic, ginger and apple for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add cognac (watch out for flame) and reduce by 2/3, then add apple juice concentrate, stock and salt; bring to a boil. Return meat to the pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until desired doneness, basting occasionally with juices. Remove to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Pour cooking liquid into a measuring cup; skim off fat. Place back into pan and bring to a boil. Whisk in 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme. Serve warm over sliced pork.