Spinach Salad with Pancetta, Goat Cheese, Hazelnuts & Orange Vinaigrette
Yield: 4 Servings
- ¾ cup Hazelnuts, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 4 Oranges, peeled, seeded and segmented
- 5 cups Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 4 slices of precooked Pancetta, chopped
- 3 ounces crumbled Goat Cheese
- ½ clove Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 ½ tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 tablespoon Hazelnut Oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh Orange Juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat a medium fry pan over high heat and add olive oil and chopped pancetta. Cook until crispy. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Wipe out residual grease from pan and over medium heat, lightly toast hazelnuts until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, oranges, hazelnuts and goat cheese. Season with salt and pepper and toss gently.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, mustard, salt and pepper; and mash together with a fork to form a paste. Add vinegar and orange juice and whisk until smooth. Whisk in hazelnut oil until thickened.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss gently and top with crispy pancetta pieces.