Yields: 2 servings
- 1 large sliced heirloom tomato
- 6 1-inch cubes Crenshaw melon (or melon of choice)
- 6 ¼-inch thick slices buffalo mozzarella
- 8 basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup croutons
- ¼ cup whole grain mustard
- 1 cup verjus (or vinegar of choice)
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- To make vinaigrette blend mustard, vinegar, and salt. In a gradual stream add olive oil to blender until it becomes a nice creamy vinaigrette.
- Season melon, tomatoes, and mozzarella with salt and pepper and arrange on plate. Dress heavily with vinaigrette and garnish with torn basil leaves and croutons.