Olive oil fried egg with oyster mushroom, broccoli crowns and heirloom tomato relish
Yields 2 servings
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 medium size heirloom tomato
- ¼ lb oyster mushrooms
- ¼ lb broccoli crowns
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 chilies de arbol
- ½ bunch of thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 400°. In a small bowl toss mushrooms, broccoli, chili, garlic, thyme, and 1 tbsp olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Place on a sheet pan and roast for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Wash and dice medium heirloom tomato, add 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a small non stick pan, over medium high heat, add olive oil and fry egg to sunny side up, season with salt and pepper.
- To plate discard thyme and chili. Add mushrooms and broccoli to base of the plate and top with fried egg, garnish with tomato relish.