Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Macadamia Nut and Whiskey Sauce
Ingredients for Pancakes:
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 4 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
Ingredients for Sauce:
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup toasted crushed Macadamia Nuts
- 1 tablespoon Michael Collins Irish Whiskey
- In a large mixing bowl, combine, flour, baking powder milk, vanilla and egg. Mix thoroughly (batter will be lumpy).
- Use a ladle to portion pancake onto a nonstick griddle and stud pancakes with chocolate chips. Cook until both sides of pancake are golden brown and the edges stop bubbling. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, milk and sugar. Whisk until smooth and sugar is dissolved. Add macadamia nuts, whiskey and whisk for about 2 minutes. Serve sauce over warm pancakes.